How does SEO Optimizer work? What is SEO – Search Engine Optimization?
Often times when you do research on the internet and try to understand how SEO Optimizer works & what SEO is all about you are going to get a short a short answer that usually states that SEO is about the content on your website.
SEO Optimizer from USA & India
SEO Optimizer from SEO Company – Numerous variables that go into SEO. What is the purpose of SEO?
That your website is seen in the organic or natural search results. And this is important as this results in free traffic coming to your website over and over again without spending any money.
SEO Optimizer Tips for SEO – Two main categories.
- Internal elements – These are the elements which we have control.
- External elements – These are the elements which we do not have control over. But we can definitely influence if we know how to do it.
Internal Elements – Content, HTML and Meta Information and actual Architecture of your website. All the mentioned above have a very significant impact on your website SEO results.
SEO Content is the King. If you want a site to be successful form SEO perspective you need to have exceptional content which keeps readers engaged and is completely unique from what already has been done.
- Quality – Search engines will look your website and pages to see how detailed the content is and how well it is written.Things to consider, length of article you are writing. The use of headings and subheadings and spelling or grammatical errors.
- Research – Before creating any content you should spend sometime on what keywords to focus on and reputable sources of information to link to from your content. This SEO research will help your website to rank because you can find keywords which have low competition and hopefully have some search value.
- Actual Keywords – That you want to ranked for the actual keyword and not repeating a keyword over and over again but to use those keywords as a guide to steer the content.
- Engagement – Now search engines look at the average time spent on webpage. How many people bounced from the page. Finally, returning visitors to your website. Lastly the Positive Content on your website.
- Freshness – Stories. But this doesn’t mean that every blog post you have should focus on a current event.
Negative components of content.
- Shallow Content – Content that is very short. Not an in-depth type of post. Search engines will recognize that and penalize you.
- Ads – Minimum ads per page and not to trick the user on clicking on them.
HTML and Meta Information. We should focus more on content that is primarily for search engines.
Positive HTML and Meta Information.
- Page tile tags – Focus should be on what your content is on the page in under 60 characters. Make sure keyword targets for that page within the title itself.
- Meta Description – Useful to a person who is researching on the internet as its shown in the search engine results.
- Headers – Focus keyword is included where appropriate.
- Structured data – Helpful from SEO perspective. Its typically for e-commerce sites or for things like recipes, events, reviews. Way of letting search engines know in a very systematic way what the content on your pages of your website is all about.
Negative HTML and Meta Information
- Keyword Stuffing – The content on your website should not consistently repeat your target keywords in an unnatural manner.
- Hidden Keywords – Black hat marketing SEO’s used this to rank site on top fast. Human beings don’t see the text, but the search engines do.
Having the correct website architecture is very important to rank high in SEO.
- When Google and other search engine were created. The focus was that best and most in-depth content to search engine result page so that the user has the best experience.
- Bad website design and the sites which loads very slow have a negative impact on SEO.
- Positive Architecture of Website Design
Optimize Website by SEO Optimizer from USA & India
- First, ability to crawl website. By using site maps. Clear link structures throughout.
- Duplicate Content. If site has duplicate content on other pages then its important to have Canonical tags.
- Site Speed – If you have ever gone to a website which is extremely slow. For a successful website infrastructure is important.
- URLs – Nobody likes extremely long URLs that have various characters symbols and keywords. URLs should be descriptive to the particular keyword.
- Mobile – Many people visit your website via Mobile devices. So its always a good idea to have a responsive website design so that people who visit your website via mobile are not let out to visit your website.
Negative Website Architecture
- Cloaking: Its the idea of serving one page in two different ways.
- First page delivered to the search engine is very well optimized with keywords. Second page which is actually shown to website visitors.
- Now we should more to the External Elements for website SEO were we do not have actual direct control. Some are like backlinks to the website, Trust, Social signals and geographic data of website visitors.
- First we talk about Backlinks. Backlinks are vote from one website telling search engines that another website is reputable and trustworthy.
- Backlinks are essential for SEO as they give search engines indication of what other webmasters think is great content on the internet.
- Quality of links – The reality is that not all links are created equal. Backlinks that go to a website are evaluated.
- Use of anchor text – Hyperlinks to your website should have specific keyword rich anchor text.
- Quality of links – of links to your website also plays a great role in the success efforts of SEO. But this do not mean to get low quality millons of links to your website. If your website has 500 links coming from reputed websites or a long period of time. This means that your website produces quality content.
- Purchased links – When website goes out on the internet and purchases the ability to be linked to from other websites. This can result in substantial penalty by search engines.
- Spam Links – Use services that would go across the internet and rapidly input links on various websites. In order to build a large number of links to a website very quickly. Which can result in harsh penality from search engines.
Trust earned by website.
Numerous factors which are considered. Creating your website to be an authority and having other individuals like to you.
Positive Trust earned by website.
- Authoritative – If a website establish authority then its given precedence over other websites. Authority is established by getting authoritative links from other authority websites.
- Domain History – The age of the domain which is on a website does have an impact on its overall SEO consideration. If the website domain has been around for a long time then the website domain will be considered more reputable than a newly established domain.
- Verification of identity – Usually gets covered when the webmaster implements things like Google webmaster tools, bing webmaster tools, google analytics and when writing articles by authorship. This sends signals to the search engines that nothing to hide.
Negative Trust earned by website
Piracy – If a website has recognised as having pirated content or files such as games, movies or software then search engines are going to penalize them.
- Many experts insist that social shares and authority have an impact on SEO. Whereas Google mentioned that Social media has no impact on SEO.
- Its true that Social media is absolutely essential for SEO which attract users to the website without actually spending anything.
Positive Social Signals.
- Reputation of those who share your content. These Social signals are recognized by search engines and websites will get a boost in their SEO as a result.
- Quality of shares – Getting a significant amount of shares in social channels overall also is likely to give a boost in SEO.
And last External Factor is Location.
Location of the people that are viewing the website. Search engines focus more and more on local results as they are the most revelant results.
- Country – If your website in the same country. Search engines will give you preference of the websites which are from other countries.
- Specific geographic area and searches for a term such as “seo optimizer from India” or “seo optimizer from USA“
Then its more likely to get local results from SEO Optimizer/ SEO Optimizers who is located closely to them.
There are still a few other elements which search engines consider that aren’t listed.
Some unknowns because the algorithms which run search engines aren’t freely open to the public.